Accepting applications for LEAF's Board
LEAF is seeking applications for members of the Board of Directors. Preference is given to those who are already LEAF stakeholders--whether a CSA shareholder, gardener, or someone who frequents our programs. However, we will also consider candidates who support LEAF’s mission and are interested in working to fulfill it. We especially encourage people with financial expertise and those with experience working with non-profits.
We expect board members to attend monthly (or potentially bi-monthly) full board meetings on Sunday evenings at 6:30 p.m. Meetings typically last one hour. We also expect members to serve on at least one (and no more than two) committees (such as CSA/LEAF Night, Education, Events & Outreach, Marketing, and Gardens).
LEAF Community Farm Market
Thursdays, June - October
5:30 - 8:00 pm
Lakewood Library Front Porch
LEAF Community Farmers' Markets are every Thursday night now through the end of the growing season in October from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Lakewood Public Library, 15425 Detroit Ave.
Come out to support your local farmers, artisans, crafters, and more! Check out the list below to see if your favorite vendor is returning for 2014 or find a new favorite from our growing list.
- Maggie's Farm (Produce, granola, baked products, local cheeses and more!)
- Earth's Crust (Bread and granola made from locally sourced organic grain producer, local honey and maple syrup, local milk and seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs.
- Fallen Angel (Cakes, Cupcakes, Brownies, Breads, Sour-dough sweet breads, other baked goods.)
- Colleen O'Rourke (hand made candles, personal care products, such as bath salts, scrubs, salves, hand knit and crocheted items, home made raw and vegan foods, home grown herbs and flowers)
- Dana Kessler (Hand made jewelry Body Salt scrubs )
- The Little Lakewood Pasta Company (handmade, vegan artisan pasta)
- Red Lotus Foods LLC (We make plant-based cream cheeses and other non-dairy products like cashew sour cream and sweet cashew creme. We may be offering vegan block cheeses toward the end of the summer.)
- Breadheads Breadery (Fine breads and soft pretzels)
- Bobicci (Handmade all natural: beeswax essential oil candles, body/face/lip scrubs, soap, therapeutic essential oil bath salts, moisturizers.)
- Favor Catering (specializes in soups, casseroles, and desserts. )
- Market Connect (Ohio City Pasta, Campbell's Popcorn, Judy's Oasis, Hummingbird, Blaze Salsa, Plant Kingdom, and more.)
- Super Queen (kettle corn and more)
- Lake Erie Creamery (handmade goat and cow's milk cheeses)
- Berry Good Farms (produce, baked goods, honey and honey products)
- STEM soap (handmade soap)
- Peace Love and Little Donuts (handmade donuts)
- Grain Man (grain products, cereals, rice, and flours)
EBT is proudly accepted
If you are interested in vending at our market, please click here
LEAF Community Gardens are full for 2014
LEAF Cooks Cookbooks available for purchase!
Purchase online today!
Save $5 a book by picking them up locally (we can make arrangements).
Click on a link to purchase:
$15 Purchase & Pickup or $20 Purchase & Delivery
The LEAF Cooks cookbook is a collection of recipes submitted by vendors, farmers, gardeners, market shoppers, community supported agriculture shareholders, chefs and friends of LEAF. All recipes include local ingredients, available seasonally around Ohio.
Join the LEAF Community on Facebook!
Connect with our community, stay up to date and show your support by joining the LEAF Facebook Group.
Once you join, you will receive updates, invites to our events, and
have the ability to post messages and have discussions with other